As Country Manager for Taiwan and Greater China, David Yao will drive business development initiatives and oversee sales and distribution for Cambrios in Taiwan and Greater China. He is also responsible for Cambrios' End User Programs worldwide.
David Yao joins Cambrios from Synerchip where he led sales efforts in Asia. Prior to Synerchip, he was Vice President of Sales for SiBEAM's Asia Pacific Region and earlier held a similar role at Silicon Image as Vice President of Field Sales where he was responsible for sales activity in the Asia Pacific and North America regions. Yao also previously served as the director of sales in Japan for Trident Microsystems where he managed all OEM sales activities for Sony, NEC and IBM, as well as product marketing manager for the Graphics Chipset Division at Intel Corp.
John LeMoncheck, Cambrios' President and CEO, said,
- “Manufacturers in Taiwan and Greater China are leaders in developing and building new personal computer, mobile, and consumer technologies and products. As the markets for flexible and large-area, projected-capacitive touch sensors continue to emerge, we will work with our local customers and partners to meet the stringent requirements of these markets to offer flexibility, high conductivity and best optical performance, at a low cost.”
- “The establishment of our Taiwan office will bring the company closer to this leading-edge market and will augment the quality of technical support to our key customers. This announcement underscores our commitment to the region that will play a prominent and strategic role in driving our growth in the Asian market.”
- “David brings to Cambrios his keen understanding of mobile, PC and CE customers' requirements and experience in the development of business in the Asia Pacific markets. This makes him an ideal candidate to manage and cultivate our partnerships and customer base.”
- “David’s proven track record in implementing sales strategies that yield extraordinary results and the depth of his business network in the Asia Pacific market gives us confidence that he will successfully promote and accelerate the growth of Cambrios' business in Taiwan and Greater China.”
David Yao, Cambrios' Country Manager for Taiwan and Greater China, said;
- “Cambrios is currently working with film-maker and sensor-maker partners, as well as other supply chain participants such as leading IC makers, to provide cost effective, high performance solutions for large area touch in applications including all-in-one computers, Ultrabooks and tablets, to serve ODM and OEM customers.”
- “I look forward to engaging with our partners and customers to develop innovative and cost-effective large area touch sensors based on Cambrios' unique ClearOhm technology.”